Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Hilariously Wrong

Second post in one day- wahoo! This one was Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Hilariously Wrong, by Jen Yates.

Let me just say: Best. Coffee. Table. Book. Ever.

So, Jen Yates started a blog, called Cakewrecks.com. Go there immediately after reading this blog. This blog of hers began as a sort of joke, just for fun, and boomed into something huge, and voila, a book was born.

The great things about this book are numerous, so I'll make a list.
1. I laughed uproariously for a long, long time.
2. Not all the cakes are terrible, or misspellings.
3. There are categories, like the CCC (CupCake Cakes), or The Poo Phenomenon, Wedding Wrecks, etc.
4. Yates is a clever writer- the book is more than pictures- her thoughts are all over the pages, enhancing the photos in all their hilarity.
5. The book's only 12.99! That's a good hardcover deal.
6. It is awesome.

So I will recommend that you go to the blog first, though the book definitely has added features that I love. Unfortunately, I can't post pics of all of my favorites- from a person having a cake made for her son's first potty training moment, to "Welcome Little Swetty" and a cake that someone sent to her ex, writing, "Go Die in a Car Fire"... I think you have to see them to believe them.

So check out the website and tell me what you think! What were your favorites? Better yet, buy the book as a hilarious gift. The Powell's staffer that recommended this basically said she'd do anything for a good laugh these days, and this book delivers! Have fun, check out the book or the website (cakewrecks.com) and tell me your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment